Wednesday 21 February 2018

Are grocery stores in US not being restocked?

This seems to have to do with Geoff Bazos and Amazon. I am presenting it as is. I have no way to confirm any of this, still less the reasons for it.
REPORTS: Grocery Stores Not Being Re-stocked in U.S.



20 February, 2018

Reports are coming in, sporadically, that grocery stores in the U.S. are not being re-stocked with foods, while other types of stores are showing a noticeable lack of  dry goods stock.

From Salem, OR to Minneapolis, MN down to the Atlanta area, consumers are reporting there are always items out of stock now and a lot of the items they do have in stock are in low quantities.

Stores being mentioned in these reports from Consumers are: Walmart, Dollar General, Kroger, Publix, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Safeway

One listener to the Hal Turner Radio Show from Minneapolis told me:

I went to a large grocery store today. (suburb just west of Minneapolis).

I noticed several items that were low or out...but I noticed something else.

It seemed they went to some fairly extraordinary lengths to hide it.

Several items on the shelves were only 1 or 2 items deep, but they really did a great job of hiding it!

I know that's what they're supposed to do, but WOW, I never saw them do a job this good!

I started moving some items I wasn't going to buy just to look behind the perfectly placed row...yup, nothing but empty shelf space behind them.

I reached out to several Supermarket Chains but only received a comment from a person at Whole Foods, who asked to remain anonymous!  That person told me:

It's called JIT (just in time) inventory management. Keep inventory levels as low as possible to improve cash flow. Why should stores keep things stocked 5 deep when 1-2 will do fine?

Whole Foods is out of everything because that Bezos guy bought us and the Amazon warehouse model isn't exactly suited for grocery stores. In other words, it look like they don't know what they're doing.

One consumer in southern California talked about his local Target store.  He said "I noticed this at Target in So Cal. Shelves all half empty. Almost like they were going out of business."

Here in the northern New Jersey area, I can tell you the stores appear to be stocked as usual, but the QUALITY of fresh produce (fruits, lettuce) is noticeably changed for the worse.  I have personally bought fresh goods that looked fine, but two days later despite being properly refrigerated, the food is rotting.  In fact, for several months, I've noticed that food . . .  even canned tuna . . . has seemed far less fresh than in years past.

It seems to me that a lot of things may simply not be selling.  On more than one occasion, I've detected food with EXPIRED DATES on the packaging as I was checking out at the cash register.  Naturally, I didn't take that expired food.

Have YOU noticed food shortages?  Empty store shelves?  Degraded freshness?  Ask your family and talk about it in the comments area below.  Maybe something is taking place that we ought to pay attention to.  Like over in Britain where Kentucky Fried Chicken had to close because they have no chicken to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.